So of course the evacuation is still in effect and costing big money while things just aren't going to get much safer here. We are all very frustrated, having to fly back and forth a couple times a week to get things done in Kisumu. Speaking of which the embassy in all it's wisdom decided we have to move out of our house during all this, never mind they have set things up so we have to fly in, move, then fly out again! Actually it was me who flew in to Kisumu for the move. it was only a move to down the street two houses but it was almost as traumatic as moving round the world. We had to pack a 3000 sq ft house into a 1800 sq ft house. Needless to say the garage is full. They say it's a temporary residence but when the goverment says temporary watch out for their timetable!

i suppose the biggest trauma for me is poor Rafiki the cat was so terrified that she has gone missing and I had to fly out without moving her to the new house. I did get a call from the night guard that he saw her in the house which lifted my spirits. They tried to find her in the morning but she must have some amazing hiding place because no one can find her in an empty house. I am due back in Kisumu Monday night so I think I might have to camp that night in the house so she will come out.
No comments:
Post a Comment