17 March 2008

Move 'em out!

We're moving. I am in Kisumu supervising the move to our new house which is literally two houses down the street. Kayla was here in Kisumu too,  but not the kids, they are still in Nairobi. That was a source of incredible augst for me. It's the first time since we have been in Africa that we have both been in different cities than the kids. I wouldn't do it if the kids were in Kisumu but Nairobi is different. There is plenty of support and help if needed.

 

These movers say it will take 4 days to pack and move us. I don't believe it. Man, do we really have THAT much stuff? It's a lot I know but these guys are trying to work double time over the Easter weekend I think. We are moving to a much smaller house so they erally won't have to unpack some of this stuff, ti will remain in storage until the embassy finds a more "suitable" house for us. But who knows how long THAT will take.

 

So Kayla came to Kisumu yesterday, I came today and she returned to Nairobi tonight. She'll stay in Nairobi Tuesday, I'll stay in Kisumu Tuesday, Wednesday at the crack of dawn she will make her way to the airport to come back to Kisumu and Wenesday night I will go back to Nairobi. Whew!

 

Then this weekend we are all going camping at a place called Hells Gate, pictures to follow!

No comments: