16 February 2006

Ahhhhhhh

  • Finally a break in the weather. Today feels more like Florida in the winter. There is a cool breeze blowing tonight as well. Ahhhh, the sounds of lions and hippos calling in the night……

  • This driving on the left is starting to feel a little better. Although all the bobbing and weaving you have to do while driving is still unsettling.

  • Esther is doing really well, she says hi to everyone. But Max seems to be having a bit of trouble adjusting, we think. He has reverted to some of his terrible two behaviors. And he has become hard to hand. It is also true that so much is new to him and he doesn’t have as active a life here as he did in Atlanta. He only goes to school here til noon and we don’t have that many friends either.

  • I now know where the butcher is located, where to get freshest bread, where you can get a haircut and a chiropractic neck adjustment as the same time (I’ll let you know what it’s like) but I’m reluctant to get the ‘adjustments’, where to buy the freshest eggs, where the best street vendor is for children’s clothes. I walked around the city today for the first time, it’s going to be great to photograph in the town, I saw a billion pictures while I was walking around.

1 comment:

Raine said...

...and it's a balmy 70F here in Atlanta.

hmmm.. McKay is showing the same behaviour, I'm going to blame it on him missing Max, but I think it's just because he's three.