21 February 2008

The Latest Here...

So in was during our hour and half commute home yesterday when I
looked up from my newspaper to see Conde Rice's motorcade go by. I'm
not sure what good her visit did. The news today is that the
government has taken a step backward in the talks.

Kenya has mostly remained quiet for the last few weeks. Everyone has
pinned all their hopes on there talks. If they fail you will probably
see the entire embassy leave. Things will get ugly here. I really
don't see that the politicians have much choice. They have to succeed
or there will be nothing left to govern.

Meanwhile we are waiting to hear from the embassy as to whether we can
go home next month. They will probably meet next week to decide if we
have to stay here another month

--
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com

No comments: