I just have to say that it is bizarre and surreal to be a first hand witness to what is going on here. I mean I actually have friends who have had to run for their lives, whose homes have been burnt to the ground, who are hiding simply because they are members of a particular tribe. I cannot help being reminded of what my own ancestors must have gone through during the Nazi occupation in Europe. "Never again"? Hardly. Are we humans doomed to repeat and repeat and repeat or maybe it is all just the growing pains of all cultures? Maybe these bridges must be faced, crossed and thoroughly dismantled by all societies sooner or later in order to evolve or forever be trapped in the middle of it.
These events also brings out the higher qualities of the human spirit like the woman who single handedly stood down a mob of many hundreds who were after the family she was hiding in her house.
No comments:
Post a Comment