It’s pronounced Kadogo, accent on last syllable. It’s Swahili for ‘little one’. The runt of Sandy’s litter, we decided to keep her. All the other eight are gone now. The yard at night is a very different place; so quiet. Sandy is happier too with only one around instead of nine, she is back to her old self again and she has a playmate during the day.
There is some things I haven’t written about in a while.:
Dickens
For those who don’t remember him you can start here.
So he’s been around all this year, believe it or not. Through the year he has bounced in and out of a couple of schools and missions The latest is that a couple months ago I made a deal with him that I would not give him anymore ‘free money’ but I would support his schooling by paying him to stay in school. The days he does not go to class, for whatever reason, are days he does not get paid. This may sound harsh but it seems to work… so far. And on days he does not go to class, like the weekends, he is here working in the compound doing yard work or whatever.
A couple of months ago the embassy sent an entire house full of brand new traditional Americana furniture so now our house is full… more than full, really. 4 sofas, several chairs, another bedroom sweet.
This weekend we all went out to were a new CDC study is beginning, there was a big celebration in the community, speeches (Kayla gave a speech), music, dance. I'll have photos/video to upload soon....
No comments:
Post a Comment