14 January 2007

"Oh 99 bottles of beer on the wall..."

After a VERY long time in transit my beer kit has finally arrived. Don't let the name fool ya www.lesure-time.com is NOT the place to order beer making supplies, there are plenty others to choose from. They didn't have their act together at all. Now I just need to learn how to actually make beer...

There are only a couple of brands of beer available here. The main local brew being Tusker. It's sort of a cross between Budweiser and a gym sock. After a year of this I couldn't take it any longer. Neither could some other folks here, there is now a big movement towards home brew. At least 3 other expats are brewing. I forgot what good beer tasted like until I go over to one of their houses.


I'll keep you informed, we've decided to have a beer festival.

1 comment:

Raine said...

What fun. Dan did this a few times...one more memorable than the other. That brew was termed "beerzilla". It overflowed the bucket and slowly foamed and seeped it's way down the hallway overnight. Our house smelled like a frat party for months.