
We had known for weeks he was coming but couldn't talk about it. Obama is revered here like no one else so security was a big deal. People love him so much here I think Kenyans would elect him president for life if they could. He came to visit the CDC here in Kisumu and then bring his daughters to meet his grandmother who lives in a village just outside Kisumu.
One night at dinner, before he arrived, Kayla had the idea to have Obama tested here for HIV. It would really focus on this issue. Personally I thought he'd never go for it. She proposed the idea to his handlers and they all thought it would be great! Go figure. Well needless to say that was all the press and Obama focused on for most of that week, it was all over the international news. Yea Kayla!
I was asked to document his visit photographically for CDC so I had permission to ride in the motorcade as they sped from place to place. What a fun day!

Kayla made the front page of the Kenyan papers one day, along with the side of Obamas’ head. Link To Obama Photos
No comments:
Post a Comment