26 March 2006

News Of The Week

Sandy is doing better. At first she didn’t know what to make of things. She certainly didn’t know much about how to play and ran for cover if you waved a twig at her for catch. Now she has her own chew toys and we (me, Max, and me holding Esther) play chase the stick or whatever it might be and she actually acts like a pup now. She like to nibble Esther’s feet while I run with Max. Esther hates it and yells ‘no’ but then we run after Sandy and she’ll scream with delight.

Kayla has been gone for 10 days now. We’re at the end, she’ll be back tomorrow. Normally at the end of one of these marathon trips she takes I’m the one exhausted. This time I feel pretty good! And why wouldn’t I with three people to look after things with me? Max, however, hasn’t faired so well with Kayla being gone. At least once or twice everyday he wants to know when she is coming back and how he really misses her.

This was the first week for Gladys, our live-in cook/nanny/housekeeper. It went really well. The kids love her and even though her cooking needs some refinement (a little less on the fried-in-corn-oil-and-less-salt kinda cooking) it’s gonna work out fine. So the infrastructure is slowly beginning to take shape. We now have fresh milk delivered every morning, with one phone call I can have as much tilapia fillets as I need delivered, I send a text message from my phone twice a week to have what ever fruits and vegetables needed delivered, and the Kenyan newspaper has just started morning delivery. I’ll be spending less time around the house so the kids can really get used to being with the nanny and cook. The kids know I hideout in the office and they rarely let me work for very long before one of them is at my office door. Hopefully soon the house will run it’s self and I can get on with my thing (yea, right!)

No comments: