Whoops, forgot to write about the other reason we were in Nairobi. Kayla was invited to a cocktail party at the U.S. ambassadors house. Cool, eh? Except you had to wear ‘business’ attire and all my suits were still on a ship somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean! Spent most of the week before we went scouring the town for a sport coat and believe it or not borrowed a nice one (that actually fit me too) from an expat.
The party was great. The ambassador was actually very approachable, nice guy, someone I actually could hang out with except he was probably a republican so, oh well. Sorry there are no pictures of the event. I did bring my camera but seems I was the only one there who had one and I got cold feet, since no one else had one. I kept feeling like if I started photographing the guys in the dark suits who where talking into their hands would escort me out. I just drank a lot instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment