12 February 2006

Just another family day at the park

Today we visited the nearby game park called Impala Park. Yes, Impalas do roam free there so you have to watch your step, lots of Impala poo poo to dodge. Mostly this place looks like an old city park with a few scraggly cages strewn around on a dirt trail. Aside from this humongous Ostrich they have a hyena, jackal, a male lion and a baboon all in rather small cages.

As I write this entry at 9pm I thought I heard something out side our house so I started walking around to investigate when suddenly from the darkness I hear this lion roar! Did I freeze in my tracks for a second, did my heart go up into my throat for a minute pounding like a jack hammer? Oh no, not at all. So I hurried back to where Kayla was sitting and she had heard it too so I know I’m not just hearing things. We live fairly close to the Impala Park so it was ‘probably’ from there…. I hope.

This was also Kayla’s day to practice driving on the left…in our new mini suv…with the whole family in the car…. It went rather well I thought, even though Max has become quite the back seat driver and I only made that ‘hissing’ sound a few times. You know that sound? The annoying hissing sound you make when you inhale rapidly through your teeth, that sound you make when you think you are approaching impending doom, yea, the one that really sets off the driver?

After naps it was off to the pool to cool off. Then to the Nakumatt, again.


[Did you know that if you click on one of these images you can see a larger version....]

Kayla and Max with the largest
Ostrich I have ever seen!




















On the shores of Lake Victoria








At the pool which is right across
the street from our house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! that is a big ostrich it looks loke a small elephant. The pool looks inviting. The children look wonderful. Take some pictures of your hous. Congratulations on your bravery in learning to drive on the left.The weather today was a high of 58 and a low of 36.
.